So I have crossed over the 33 day mark on my 100 day challenge, so I thought I would take a moment to update all you fine folks.
1. I am eating better! I am packing all my food for work, and trying to pick better options as I do. When I do eat out on the weekends, I try to pick better choices (to mixed results so far). Being honest, since my weight has remained even I could clearly be doing a bit better in this regard, but overall I feel much better, and that’s what matters most!
2. I have not had a drop of soda! I have traded it out completely for green/peach tea and water. Still drinking at least 2 liters of water a day as well.
3. I have only drank liquor one day, and that was for my birthday party. I didn’t even drink on my birthday proper! I also didn’t drink to super excess. Just to a real good buzz.
4. Yoga wasn’t for me, at least not the way I was doing it. It was leading to more stress than it was saving. So instead I am just doing good, deep stretches each day.
5. I have been working out every day I have time for it. Some days, I just don’t have time, but I would say I have been averaging 4/5 days I work out. At a minimum I walk/jog for 30 minutes, but then I try to do a bunch of burpees and knee pushups.
6. I have done much better about writing on my off days. Writing on work days I always did, but the off days was where I slacked. But since starting this I have written at least 2 out of every 3 off days, and most of the time all 3.
7. I learned that cooked carrots are ok. Not great, but ok. Which for me is a huge deal (sadly).
Overall, its been hard, but not as hard as I thought it would be. The real struggle has been time management mostly. Some days I literally just don’t have a spare 30 minutes to workout, and a spare 30 minutes to write. And some days, sure, I can wake up early to get that stuff done, but not everyday! A guy’s gotta sleep!
Going forward I am going to try to tweak my eating a bit, to help me do better. I am also going to tweak my working out. Everything else I will leave the same, and then see where I’m at when I reach day 66!