For those keeping score, here is a reminder of everything I set out to do:
* I want to start each day by doing the sun salutation yoga series of poses. I could stand to be more limber, that’s for sure.
Well, I quickly figured out that yoga, sans an instructor, is not for me. So I switched to just doing a regular set of stretches, trying to get to where I can easily touch my toes.
* I want to work out for at least 30 minutes. I don’t care what, so long as I do it. Jogging, body weight moves, whatever.
I did really well up until buying the house. A good 40 days or so.
* I want to drink 2 liters of water. I used to be so good about this, but I have gotten out of the habit.
I still do this pretty much. My nice glass water bottle broke, so it’s a little harder, but I still do this.
* I want to eat better. I want to get to a place where I don’t need low carb to lose weight, and where I am eating good, healthy food.
Did well until the house. Then this went to shit, and even more shit once I fully moved.
* I want to cut all soda, and replace it with green tea.
Stuck with this 100%. Not one drop of soda has touched these lips.
* I want to write at least 100 words a day. I write plenty on work days, but slack on the weekend.
Went well, until the house. See a pattern here?
* I want to write a meaningful letter to someone at least once a week. A letter thanking thing for something, forgiving them, or building them up in some way. 14 or so letters in total.
I did this, via snail mail, email, and even in one instance, Facebook messenger. But I kinda ran out of folks I really wanted to send letters too after awhile, so I count this complete.
* I want to cut booze, except for my birthday and vortex
This I did, up until the house. It wasn’t easy, as there is so much temptation, but over all it went pretty well I thought.
So in short, I did great for about 40 days, then spent the next 35 buying a house/moving/killing myself with stress. The rest of the time I just sorta coasted on a wave of stress and angst haha.
In retrospect I think 100 days was a little ambitious. So come Monday, I plan to start again, with some new, tweaked goals, and shoot for a 50 day challenge! I hope you all will join me! Remember, this is a process. Every step in the right direction, no matter how small, is still great!